- Our Managing the Mobile Workforce Tools and Tips Webinar is Next Week
- Engagement On The Go with David Zinger of the Employee Engagement Network
- My first magazine cover – move over A-Listers!
- Our Interview with “Why Work Sucks and How to Fix It” co-author Jody Thompson
- Our American Management Association Webinar
- Snowmageddon and the Mobile Workforce | Managing the Mobile Workforce on Free Chapter 5 Strategic Leadership in a Virtual World
- Tweets that mention Mobile Workers Have Always Reached for the Stars | Managing the Mobile Workforce -- Topsy.com on Mobile Workers Have Always Reached for the Stars
- Michael Kroth on What’s the relationship between technology and motivating mobile workers?
- Clemons on Clemons / Kroth Presentation Citrix Managing The Mobile Workforce
Author Archives: Michael Kroth
We were so pleased to be mentioned by Telework Exchange Senior Fellow Josh Sawislak in his Huffington Post blog, The Perfect is the Enemy of the Good. In the article he calls Managing the Mobile Workforce “very informative and easy … Continue reading
The country is being rocked right now by Mother Nature. On Facebook I see notes from friends who are either enjoying a “snow day” or who are struggling to get to and from work. All this, while your customers still … Continue reading
Managing the Mobile Workforce was one of the books listed on the “Five Great Books for Remote Teams” list put out on BNET by Wayne Turmel. Check it out.
(Close Up Michael) We had our first television interview about Managing the Mobile Workforce today. The location: Boise. The station: KTVB. The interviewer: The excellent Carolyn Holly. The interviewees: Yours truly and David. Truly. We had a blast! (Pan to … Continue reading
As we step back to reflect upon the explosion of the space shuttle Challenger 25 years ago, it’s worth noting that mobile workers have always been those who have taken the risks to open new territory – whether it be … Continue reading
Regardless of your party or political perspective, if you’ve been contemplating moving to a mobile workforce or becoming a mobile worker yourself you had to be jumping up and down cheering while listening to the president’s State of the Union … Continue reading
CIO Insight, By Dennis McCafferty on 2011-01-25
They may be your hospital workers tending to patients from room to room. Or, your sales executives meeting clients in multiple time zones throughout the week. Or, your modern IT employees, taking red-eye flights for organizations that are constantly expanding to new, global markets. These are just some of the professionals who make up the modern, mobile workforce. And CIOs and other senior executives must seek to embrace and accommodate their unique needs, according to the book “Managing the Mobile Workforce: Leading, Building, and Sustaining Virtual Teams” (McGraw-Hill Professional/Available now). Continue reading
Nan Russell really cares about work and – importantly – about the workforce. In my interview about Managing the Mobile Workforce she asked insightful questions and I think people will not only enjoy but be informed by listening to our … Continue reading
We had a great time being interviewed by Tom on his Tom on Leadership show. You can listen to the 30 minute interview here, and catch his regular shows; you can also find him on Twitter @TBCox. This is the second … Continue reading
There is a nice excerpt from our book talking about motivation and technology this morning in the Sacramento Bee. As you read it, think about all the ways technology motivates or demotivates you. More importantly, ask yourself how technology is … Continue reading